Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Week 4: WIDE (REDEEM)


Paulus Potter, Dutch, ca. 1650























This World Awakwens to Silence

                                from the Hebrew


This world awakens to silence
under night's blanket.

From far away I return to myself,
In the dark I look deeply within:
like the night, I, too, am wide,
and like it flow slowly
to infinity.

The pure silence
that likes beneath all life
seeps into me.

I'll rest in this silence,
apart from the labor of my days,
and a blue child will sleep in me,
and a goat with a necklace of stars.

                                                 DAVID VOGEL


Comment: There are so many good starting points in this poem, I'm not at all sure you need my words--WIDE (FIND) but they did follow from each other, so I will keep them fro you. The painting has a very different tone--which is fine, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment